Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mizpah Hotel Self Portrait

This little ditty, perhaps the only self portrait I will ever post on-line was taken on a recent road trip to Nevada,
Historic Tonopah NV in fact.

This actual Hotel- a registered historic landmark- ( and a very haunted place if one wants to believe the locals) will be up for auction September 19th 2009...a little something I found out only recently when I Googled it to check the spelling of the hotel's name and the name of the town. If it weren't in the middle of nowhere...and if I had the money of course...I'd put in a serious bid and convert it into a live/work situation. But unfortunately it IS in the middle of nowhere and the area is suffering-as is everywhere else- from the current economic crisis.

Anyhow...this shot is directly "out of camera"...no post production photoshop layers, no photo merging, nothing fancy except a bump up in the contrast and sharpness in my camera's RAW processing software. Personally, I think it's pretty damn cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment