Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Dreaming Buddha- an adventure in Digital Mixed Media

Dreaming Buddha_1

Looking for a home on a Gallery wall or perhaps in your bedroom!


I wouldn't say that the creative process has been dormant this last year, the opposite, in fact, is true, but alas my keeping up with the blog has suffered as a result of having way too much to do :-).  I'm not complaining...
The other evening I couldn't sleep, and as a result , Buddha Dreamed...This is one in a series of 30 x 30 mixed media canvases I've been working on (when I have time to do so!).  I find that when I concentrate "only" on the photography, I begin to really miss the painting process.  I have a long history with/in the realms of " hands on" mixed media, so it only makes sense to me that as I become more familiar with all of the tools available in the digital realm, I take my love thereof into working digitally.  Of course, the only way to better learn ones tool set is to practice, practice, practice, so here I share some of the fruits of my diligence.  Creating art requires many things, and I am finding that of all of them-curosity, talent, self-awareness, the desire to play, spontaneity, etc., etc., etc., I tend to be lacking in the "set time aside daily to work on something creative" department.  And yes, I know, every artist (except perhaps those who have/had patrons) have wrestled with this "issue".   This blog was started as a way of sharing some of my creative pursuits with others and so in that spirit, I present you with my most recent creation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment